Work Abroad but earn in USD

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Visa Requirements

Several people have asked about the Visa requirements under the "rentista" visa program. You have to show income of $2500 pesos per month in order to qualify for this visa. You will need to be able to show that this income will continue when you move to Argentina. For example, it would not be a good idea to show pay stubs from a job located in the USA, since the Argentina authorities would assume this job will not continue when you move to Argentina. As a self-employed person, I have a small S-corporation that pays annual distributions. I had my company's accountant write a simple letter stating that I was a shareholder in the corporation and received distributions in the amount of (greater than $2500 pesos / month). In the letter, I also had the accountant state that the money could be wired to a bank in Argentina. I provided a few months bank statements as well, showing the distributions. These were all translated to Spanish and sent to the immigration authorities in Argentina by my attorney. I highly recommend that you obtain an Argentina immigrations attorney to help you with this process. Like everything in Argentia, the cost is reasonable and they know the process a lot better than you will. I'd be happy to provide a contact if anyone needs one.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all - we are reading! Thank you for doing this. Secondly, I took the liberty of adding you to my ICQ list. My wife and I are moving to Argentina and have so much on our mind...We are pretty experienced travelers but never for more than a month at a time. Now, it's going to be at least a year - and then... who knows. I'll ping you one of these days :-)
Victor AKA Weichei

1/19/2005 05:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sites like yours are a godsend. Thank you for doing this.

4/14/2005 03:20:00 AM  
Blogger Brittany Anne said...

Hello, I'm planning on moving to Argentina in 2 months. I would love a contact for an immigration lawyer.

Also, thank you for writing this blog, it's been a great help!

10/13/2008 08:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home