Work Abroad but earn in USD

Saturday, May 14, 2005

My Last Day

Saturday, May 14, 2005 was my last day in the United States. Its hard to describe what its like to wake up in the morning and realize that you're leaving your country, and you have no idea when or if you'll be back. Although I've wanted to expatriate for a long time, I became very serious about it just five months ago.

Today, I'm bringing just 5 suitcases with me to Buenos Aires. Its an amazing feeling to sell everything you own from a 2000 sq. ft. house and see that now, everything I own will fit into five suitcases. Wow! As I wait for my flight in the airport, writing this blog entry, I'm feeling excited, nervous, happy, sad, and hopeful -- all at the same time!

This blog has also hit a milestone as well. From here on out, I'll be focusing on life & business in Buenos Aires, rather than about preparations for an international move. I'll still be more than willing to help any expats still in their home country, though. Please continue to write-in and I'll be more than willing to answer your questions. But now that I'm "on the ground" in Buenos Aires, I'll be going into a lot more about life in the city and the challenges I, or any expat for that matter, will face.

I have a lot of things to accomplish now that I'm here -- learn the language, buy & furnish an apartment, expand my business, make new friends, and, last but not least, declare my loyalty to a fĂștbol club. I look forward to continuing this blog for as long as it has readers. And if you're ever in Buenos Aires, drop me a line sometime.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Turribeach.com.ar said...

You know that for a fĂștbol club you only got one choice... I suspect you already know which one I am talking about... ;-)

5/19/2005 08:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finallly I found a fellow amercan that went through the same experience that I am trying to got through. Unfortunately I have an income issue, I came to Argentina for family only, without a DNI, I am stuck. I wish there was a way to get some temporary assistance to help me get what I need to support my family.

5/23/2005 02:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

careful yanqui, you may piss off the wrong people by declaring loyalties to futbol clubs - I suggest you keep your thoughts on this topic minimized:)

6/05/2005 02:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home